I do believe there should be changes made to the way we currently regulate gun ownership.
I am the owner of multiple guns.
- I believe that I should have to obtain a permit to own a gun.
- I believe that I should have to take a gun safety class to own a gun.
- I believe that I should have to undergo a extensive background check to own a gun.
- I believe that the mandatory waiting period should be extended to 7 days and be applied to long guns, not just handguns.
- I believe that every gun I buy should be registered by its serial number in my name.
- I believe that a private citizen should not be able to sell a gun to another private citizen without the intervention of an intermediary that will run all requisite background and permit checks.
- I believe that if we’re going to say you’re not mature enough to drink until you’re 21, we should probably say you’re not old enough to own a gun either.
- I believe that trigger locks should be mandatory by law at all times that a gun is not being actively shot or cleaned.